my little hands off and I've got my first large project done! It's the Anna Shawl from a pattern on Ravelry. And I did it!! I even managed to follow the pattern! Ok there are a couple of mistakes, a single instead of a double crochet in one place and some missed chains but hey! it looks alright :-D
This is done in a purple dk cotton yarn (Vinni's) which was a bit of a toad to work with at times but on the whole I had great fun with it. I do need to block the shawl out which will make it a bit bigger and will really open out the pattern.
I've already moved on to my next project, a scarf for a friend who is having a bad time at the moment. I'm doing it in a super squooshy merino so it will be nice and soft. I've nearly finished it but I won't post a picture until she has got it.