Pages

My obsession with HAED and crochet and yarn and stuff . . . . .

Monday 9 January 2012

WIPocolypse January 2012!

It's that time already and I have made some progress on my WIPs for the year - yay!  You can see my (ever-changing) WIPocolypse list by clicking on the tab above ;-)

I got a new camera for Christmas, so here goes with the first progress photos:

1  SAL Bookend Kitty (HAED) 

I started this yesterday, a little behind the scheduled SAL week on the Board, but I was into another WIP and didn't want to stop and prep fabric.  A bit messy, but I've got a few stitches in.  Stitched on 28ct Almond jazlyn, two over one, tent stitch.  Yes a bit of a change for me - not my usual jobelan (which I am regretting slightly as the holes seem a bit harder to see on the jazlyn) and tent stitch!  Controversial I know, but I decided to give it a go after using it on my Chelsea square.


2  Mini Masquerade (HAED)


I started this on Christmas Day as a present to myself lol!  Well the kids were in bed and DH was asleep on the sofa - what else was I supposed to do eh?


Stitched on 28ct light lilac jazlyn (again although the holes are easier to see on this colour) and again two over one, tent stitch.  This is my first mini from HAED and I have to say I was a little concerned when I first started, I really couldn't see any detail and was sure that it was going to look a blurry mess.  But of course I should trust in the charting (as always) and look there you go, I have daffodils!  Again looking a little messy but I have literally taken it off the Q-Snap to make a start on Kitty then I think I will go back to it.  My first 'black and white' too - just a few colours, so amazing how much detail there is!

Well that's me this time round.  Happy stitching everyone :-)

7 comments:

  1. threadbear, they are both wonderful. As for Mini Masquerade... love the 'black and white'. I keep saying I'm going to start one of those one of these days and yours is so pretty! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I started this on Christmas Day as a present to myself lol! Well the kids were in bed and DH was asleep on the sofa - what else was I supposed to do eh?"
    Hahaha, yes, if we don't spoil ourselves who will, right?! ;)
    I like Masquerade a lot, and I think it looks really good. Can't wait to see more of it.
    Good start on Bookend Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello dear, they both are looking so sweet..
    keep well.
    love for you
    cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also doing Book End Kitties =) Wondeful start on it. I started at a different part of the page and so the part you stitched is new to me ;-) But up to now I only have about 300 stitches in ;-)
    Masquerade looks amazing =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on both projects. I love mini Masquerade, it looks like it has so much detail for a mini. Your stitching is beautiful. I can't wait to see more of them both. Good luck with the SAL's and WIPocalypse! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on QS Bookend Kitties :D lovely progress on yours ;) and I love the flowers on Mini MAsquerade congratulations :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them both, esp Masquerade. :D

    ReplyDelete