Pages

My obsession with HAED and crochet and yarn and stuff . . . . .

Wednesday 28 September 2011

.. sigh ..

aaaarrrrrrgggggghhh what is it with me and new starts at the moment??  Why can't I just settle down and get something done ... or maybe even *gasp* finished! I have another newbie in the pipeline - Tranquility by The Vintage Angel.  I couldn't resist and finally bought her in the sale.  Here she is again (I know that you've seen a picture here before but she is sooo gorgeous she is worth another look):


It seems like fate that I have a piece of my favourite bone jobelan in *exactly* the right size so I have to do it ... yes?  Completely dire on the thread front though, I think I have about 6 of the 90 I need - so another order has gone off to Donna at Cross Stitch Heaven.  But, after looking through my stash, another! Ta-da! some of the threads I need for the first column are in Dragon Charmer!  I could "borrow" them and put them back when the order comes from Donna.  So ... fate strikes again ... yes?!

That means I'll have had 3 new starts in just over a month!  Yes I know no-one is counting but seriously??  These are HAEDs we are talking about ... it's not like they are a short term commitment .. I *really* need to get a grip on myself!

10 comments:

  1. haha! I have started two small projects and not even finished them, I am also eyeing up a HAED, doh! Mixing them up will stop you from getting bored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now here's a girl after my own heart! Nothing quite like a new start and another new start, and another new start, a life like this makes you want to live to at least the age of 163.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a totally gorgeous design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, she´s so beautiful.
    Who cares about how many WIP´s you have. As long as you have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always do my best not to stitch many things at once and it's really hard not to be tempted ;-)
    Haeds are really tempting because sometimes you just need a break von such a huge project!
    And the new starts you made are soooo beautiful =) I have been eying Tranquility, too. Very beautiful design, I'm looking forward to see your progress =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this one too Jo....we must have similar tastes...Good choice....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meh, don't beat yourself up! New starts are fun and it's really about enjoying yourself, so have at it! :) Also, SHE'S GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, you're too cute!!!! If it calls to you, start it. *Gasp* I can't believe I said that. If any of my friends saw this, they'd call me an impostor cos I always give them a hard time about starts. ;)

    This is a gorgeous design... can't wait to see your WIP of her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your new starts :) Can´t wait to see your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jo. :) I can't comment on your latest post. :( Clicking on comment doesn't do anything. :(

    ReplyDelete